Launch of Equator Principles III Delayed to July 2012
Today, the Equator Principles Association announced a delay to the development and launch of the Equator Principles III Update. The new launch date is currently set for July 2012. The updated development, consultation and launch schedule is shown below:
- EPA consultation and drafting of the EP III - September 2011 - March 2012
- External stakeholder consultation and public comment process - March - April 2012
- Finalisation and launch of the EP III framework - May - July 2012
However, the Equator Principles Association noted also that the above timeline might be subject to further extension if deemed necessary. What impacts do you expect from this delay on your project development, bankable ESIA/Feasibility studies, financial advisory services and investment decisions? Will the leaders in the EPA abandoned the laggards in their group, beef up their approaches and external reporting without any further delays?
For related blog posts, please see also here:
- IFC Publishes 2012 Guidance on Performance Standards
- Sustainability Conference in Seoul
- Biodiversity for Banks Program Launched by Equator Principles, WWF, BBOP
- While BankTrack criticizes Equator Principles, IFC celebrates Community of Learning
- Should Equator Banks use Assurance?
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 8:27 am and is filed under Equator Principles. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.