Are Awards a Barrier to Sustainability Reporting?
CorporateRegister.com announced the winners of the
The CRRA 2010 Award winners are listed below:
- Best report – Vodafone Group plc
- Best first time report – The Walt Disney Company
- Best SME report – RecycleBank LLC
- Best Integrated report – Novo Nordisk A/S
- Best Carbon Disclosure – Hewlett-Packard Company
- Creativity in Communications – Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc
- Relevance & Materiality – Vodafone Group plc
- Openness & Honesty – Virgin Media Inc
- Credibility through Assurance – Banco Bradesco SA
With few exceptions, many awards seem to be 'recycling' the names from the same group of companies year on year. Do you think that these types of awards encourage reporting or do these awards create an entry barrier for first time reporters?