Biodiversity Management Strategy & Plan for Gold Mine
The workshop was attended by representatives from the State Agency for Environment and Forestry, two Kyrgyz nature reserves, conservation NGOs, such as
Key components of Kumtor’s BMSP include a portfolio of Biodiversity Enhancement initiatives expected to be implemented in collaboration with key stakeholders. In December 2012, Kumtor also announced that it had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Fauna & Flora International. Related activities include updating the Sarychat Ertash Nature Reserve's Management Plan. FFI will also provide a series of training sessions for the Reserve staff and local communities, and technical support for the implementation of the Plan. The initial 2012-2013 budget is approximately US $250,000, of which Kumtor will contribute US $70,000 (see
What are the key components you would like to see covered in Kumtor's Biodiversity Management Strategy and Plan?
Workshop Proceedings can be downloaded below.
- Kumtor_Biodiversity Workshop_Summary_by FFI (English)
- Kumtor_Workshop_Summary by FFI_(Russian)
- Nazari PRIZMA Kumtor BMSP workshop Introduction 19Oct12
- Jundubaev К. Жундубаев СБР_семинар_КОК
- Samanchina FFI SL Eurasia Russian_Kumtor
- Samanchina FFI SL Tajik camera trap
- Vereschagin Sarychat Ertash Reserve Презентация в Кумторе Сарычат-Эрташского заповедника
- Kyrbashev Naryn Nature Reserve Презентация Нарын коругу
- Satybekov CAREC Presentation_BS_19102012
- Asykulov NABU EinfuhrungVortragNABUFiliale2012
Kumtor's latest Annual Environmental Reports, Prizma's Independent Assessments and ERM's Environmental Due Diligence report can be accessed